Thursday, April 14, 2011

a quote for your thursday

i would not describe myself as a bird person...at all. in fact most of my friends would be able to tell you all about my fear of seagulls, it is almost as bad as jessy's cat fear.  but i have always had a soft-spot for hummingbirds.  i think this is because i used to love watching the hummingbirds at the bird feeder on my grandparents' farm. my grandfather would tell me all sorts of facts about how awesome these birds are and i would sit in awe as they fluttered about.  when i read this quote on style me pretty, i was instantly reminded of being back on my grandparent's farm. 


photo via ella b photography


“Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover and savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday. The hummingbird’s delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life’s sweetest creation.”

painting by mai autumn
it is so poetic and touching. and so i thought i would share with you for your thursday.  have a great day and be happy that friday is just around the corner :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment