Thursday, April 21, 2011

pretty easter eggs

when i was a kid, one of my favorite things to do in the spring was dye easter eggs. it was a chance to make a little bit of a mess and the end result was always incredible...the bright colors and uniqueness of the way each egg turned out. so imagine the horror when i saw these already dyed easter eggs in the grocery store! i mean, where's the fun in that?!

i apologize for the blurry image, it's my cell phone camera.


thankfully we don't have to resort to that at my house... my roommate bought us a dyeing kit from target that has sparkles you can add to the eggs - super cool! we never made it to the grocery store for eggs, but we will reschedule our dyeing party until after the holiday weekend (better late than never!).

so if you haven't yet dyed or decorated your easter eggs, take some time this weekend to enjoy this sweet pastime. here's some inspiration for you!

these are too pretty to eat!
image via techpin.com



these tie-dyed eggs are great! my favorite is the blue and green/yellow one on the right
image via oodlekadoodle primitives blog


these are more traditionally styled, but still very adorable. the zig-zag decorations remind me of an egg cracking open to hatch a little baby chick - so representative of spring!
image via my cooking tip blog

No comments:

Post a Comment