Wednesday, February 9, 2011

as promised... the cute shop from downtown disney

last friday, the morning after my cousin's wedding, my mom and i were strolling through downtown disney shopping, lunching, and lounging by the water. the entire place is full of stores that feature disney merchandise - the standard stuff and then things you couldn't even imagine existing. but right in the heart of all these plastic toys, christmas ornaments, video games, and stuffed animals was the sweetest little bath and beauty store called basin. the store is great for shopping, either for gifts or for yourself, but they also offer some do-it-yourself, create-your-own kind of options that really provide an experience.



here i am creating my own soy bead candle. there were fourteen scents to choose from. i couldn't choose just one so i layered a few of my favorites.


the final product! they shrink wrap it and tie it with a nice bow to make it perfectly easy to pack for the trip home.


there's also a sink where customers can try out the body scrubs. there are salt scrubs and sugar scrubs, and they come in flavors like pomegranate, orange vanilla, and pumpkin.

here's my mom testing out the exfoliators.



these fresh cut soaps make the perfect gift. there are so many options to choose from - there's bound to be one for every woman in your life.


clearly the wino in me was drawn to this one in particular :)




okay so i lied, it's not totally unrelated to mouse ears



the best part is, you don't have to go all the way to disney world. you can shop online at their website and have it shipped right to your door! check out everything basin has to offer

1 comment:

  1. I love going places like this to wash my hands. That sentence sounds funny. But I think you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete